Borneo Catappa Bark
The bark of Indian Almond Tree (Terminalia catappa), provide numerous benefits for tropical fish. The bark, when steeped in water, impart a beautiful golden-brown color, reduce the pH, and release rich organic compounds, such as tannins, humic acids, and flavonoids. Some of these substances are known to science to be antimicrobial in nature, while others may absorb and detoxify zinc, copper, and aluminum.
Catappa Bark is free of pesticides, herbicides, and pollution. They're gathered after having fallen from the trees, rinsed and sun dried, with the bottom part snipped off for ease of use and packaging.
Our Catappa Bark is average about 3"-6" (~15cm) in size. Perfect for vivariums, large aquariums, and all kinds of cool effects.
- Premium Borneo Catappa Bark
- Provides natural food source for shrimps.
- Anti-fungal properties to help fight off Infection
- Releases tannin into the water which contains healing properties.
- Helps lower the pH in water.